Thursday, February 11

#Cre8time Love for Nature... DIY Painted Rocks by Melissa Johnson


Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a fun and easy Valentine's project that you can even include the kids in (I did!).


We have had some beautiful weather here in Texas, so we decided to take this project outside. I had the kids gather up some rocks with flat surfaces from our yard and we washed them in some soapy water.


Next, we painted on our rocks using Mod Podge
to create hearts and other designs.

 
 
 
 
 
Then we added some very fine glitter over the Mod Podge.


After my daughter and I painted our designs, I mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin to coat the top of the rocks and make the glitter really sparkle!

 
It was so much fun that my son even got involved! 


We set them out to dry overnight on a plastic garbage bag.

And here are the finished painted rocks :)

 
The resin coating makes the glitter POP!

 
 
What Valentine's goodies have
you made with your kids?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
For more of my mixed media projects, please visit my blog.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...