Wednesday, June 24

In #Cre8time One + One Makes Three... Amazing #MixedMedia Fusion by Aimée Wheaton


I'm not quite sure what to call this piece but it's a smorgasbord of items for sure!! I purchased the center gold piece last year at an antique shop for $5, I thought it was gorgeous, it's like carved wood and the top is painted gold. Someone told me it came from some Asian furniture or something like that. Well I decided to mold it and see how it would turn out and that's what started this little project.


I thought this was super pretty when I first saw it,
and perfect to mold using Amazing Mold Putty.


Oops... forgot to take the price tag off!


Side by side! I ended up mixing some resin to get rid of the flaked off paint that was left in the mold before I made the pieces for my art. It got most of them out. I used Amazing Casting Resin for this piece because of how fast it dries. 


As always I'm winging my art until my muse comes back, so I had no clue what was going to turn out. I looked around my studio and found this leftover painted board from an art class I took. It was perfect for a base. It's an 8" x 10" canvas board.


After more scrounging I found a 5" x 7" canvas board and some painted paper towels leftover, I save everything!!! I glued down the paper towel using Mod Podge® onto the canvas board. I'm creating levels and layers.


Here it is all glued, then I coated it with more Mod Podge®.


Checking out placement on top of the 5" x 7" board – look how pretty the resin is!!


Texture and depth – glue the pieces down when the Mod Podge® is dry.


Glue down on top of the big board and then trace
around it with charcoal pencil to frame it.


I then used some Mod Podge® on top of the resin
and sprinkled some glitter on top.


All together!! Different but still pretty. I hope you enjoyed this simple project!

To see how all of our AMAZING products can enhance your art,
please check out these AMAZING products!

Let's see what you can create

Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me. 
To see more of my work please visit my blog "Creative Flutters"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...