Friday, May 15

#Cre8time ROCKS! Amazing Handmade Jewels by Lynne Suprock


Lynne Suprock here and I am so excited to share a little inspiration with you once again! This one comes from a long standing love of rocks and geodes. 


When our son was small, my husband and I began a collection of rocks and minerals that we found around the yard, at the beach, or after an excursion to the gem and mineral show in our local area. We named and displayed our finds, but as time passed, moves happened and our child grew up. The rocks were packed away. 


Every once in awhile though, I would find myself at the beach, or at an art show... Collecting once again. However, now The prize evolved into a few sparkly Druzy stones, which I adore. :-)

After having opportunity to experiment with Amazing Casting Products, it donned on me to replicate the shapes of some of these stones with Amazing Mold Putty and recreate my own colors and shimmer with the ever truly Amazing Casting Resin! A bit of glitter or Alumidust in the mold, and voila... semi-precious stones and Druzies take form!


I used the Dremel to make the holes for findings and attached some of the stones to pieces of copper. 

  

I am excited and pleased to share both of these project how-to's in the current Spring 2015 issues of Stampington and Company Belle Armoire Jewelry and Jewelry Affaire Magazines


So go ahead, create your own gems and rock inspired jewels, using a little imagination and some Amazing Casting Products.

What fabulous faux gems would you

I would love if you would leave a comment below to let us know how this technique works for you! Please share what you make with Amazing Casting Products on our website in the User Gallery.

Please visit my blog "Simply Pretty Stuff" to see more of my creations
and to view my upcoming workshop schedule.  ~ Lynne
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...