Thursday, August 28

Vintage Button Finds Transformed into AMAZINGLY Colored Jewels... by Brenda Burfeind


Good day, Brenda here again to hopefully inspire you to make something. I love making jewelry and today I am here to show you a simple jewelry project that was inspired by my trip to Florida.

 

A few months back I took my vacation in Florida and I got to meet our fabulous leader Susan. She traveled up meet me in Daytona Beach and we spent one whole day junk-ing. I had such a great time with her and we found some awesome trinkets. Today I will show you two of those fabulous finds.

 

Here are a couple of buttons I found and just loved the detail.

 

Using the Alumidust, I "painted" all of my molds created with Amazing Mold Putty.
All of these items were found while I was in Florida. 


I decided to go with a green/blue with a bit of purple to remember my days in Florida.
The beaches and the ocean water were fabulous. Just look at the sparkle... love it!

 

Then I poured Amazing Casting Resin mixed with the Alumilite Black Dye
over the top of all my molds. So messy, but so much fun! 



I absolutely love the colors. Who says blue and green
don't go together? I even added a little bit of purple. 

 

Searching through my GIANT stash of beads, I found
the perfect ones to go with my new recasted buttons. 


What kind of jewelry would you
create with your button stash? 

I love comments, so please tell me what you would create!

Until next time, happy crafting!

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...